Win your dream wedding day!
DIVA and Shotgun Weddings are offering the chance to win a wedding worth £15,000 😍
This month is our wedding issue, and we are absolutely thrilled to mark this occasion by teaming up with Shotgun Weddings to offer one lucky couple the chance to win a dream wedding worth £15,000!
From the cake, flowers and hair and makeup, to a ceremony at the beautiful Royal Pavilion in Brighton and even a live dove release, we’ll take care of almost everything, so all you have to do is turn up and say “I do!”
Award-winning photographer Emma Joanne from Shotgun Weddings, who has coordinated this fabulous prize, and will be providing photography on the day as well as a photo booth, told us she can’t wait to work with the winning couple to make their wedding the stuff of dreams.
“I am open to whatever my couples represent and whoever they aspire to be,” Emma says. “Shotgun Weddings is all about living in a world free from categories, where we are no longer marginalised by our preferences, so I welcome anyone with the same open mentality as me. All I request is that you love one another FURIOUSLY!”
Emma Joanne from Shotgun Weddings
The prize includes…
Full day photography package, plus themed photo booth
Forward-thinking wedding photography and photo booth brand, Shotgun Weddings is owned by award-winning photographer Emma Joanne, who is also the principle photographer. Based in Brighton and specialising in same-sex weddings, Emma considers herself an expert at capturing weddings in the city with her unique style and approach to your day.
Included in your photography package is full day coverage from the bridal preparations to the first dance, plus a themed photo booth of your choice for the evening’s entertainment, complete with professional prints for your guests to take home as a special memento of your day.
The Brighton Royal Pavilion
Wedding ceremony in The Red Room
The Royal Pavilion, a magnificent monument to the romantic era of the Regency period, is one of the most exotically beautiful buildings in Britain. Located in the heart of Brighton and Hove’s Cultural Quarter, it offers an unmatched setting for your wedding day. Built as King George IV’s seaside pleasure palace when the city was at the heart of fashionable Regency society, it was designed to entice, enrapture and enchant the great, the good and the grand of King George‘s court and now serves as an exquisite wedding venue. Following the passing of King George, his brother King William IV and niece Queen Victoria also at times resided here.
Steeped in history, culture and heritage, the Royal Pavilion has been welcoming royalty and notable guests since the 1780s and many a royal romance has played out within its walls. Over the last 20 years it has hosted some of the most beautiful and unique weddings. Today, it’s restored to its original 1823 splendour with Indian-style architecture comprising of domes, towers and minarets contrasted with striking interiors inspired by the Orient. The glorious garden is one of the few fully re-instated Regency gardens in the country, where groups of flowers and flourishing evergreens frame striking views of the palace, creating a picture-perfect backdrop for images of your special day.
Infinite Love celebrants
Gold wedding package: a fully personalised wedding ceremony reflecting your ideas, beliefs and personalities
Sam Goodchild is an independent celebrant dedicated to creating a wonderfully personal wedding ceremony that is just right for you. She has a vast knowledge of ceremonies and, unlike a registrar, can offer a completely personalised ceremony reflecting all your values and beliefs. Sam can perform humanist ceremonies or more spiritual ones. Her services include: a two hour consultation, drafting of your ceremony, the wedding rehearsal and officiating at the wedding blessing on the day.
Proud Country House, Stanmer Park, Brighton
Stanmer House is a beautiful Grade One listed 18th-century manor, set in 5,000 acres of stunning parkland, and is unique for its Brighton location. Set in the heart of Sussex countryside, yet only minutes from the bustling city centre, it is nestled between the sea and the Downs. Steeped in history, the house has been beautifully restored and encompasses stylish and contemporary designs while retaining the original splendour of the house.
The vast grounds and manor house are the perfect setting for any wedding. Its sense of history and welcoming atmosphere create an environment that is both inspiring and comfortable, ensuring the happy couple and their guests will have the most wonderful day. From the moment they step through the grand entrance, the magic of the house comes alive. (Please note: catering, drinks, security, sound and tech are not included.)
Live Dove release
Weddings are wonderful, exciting, memorable days when lots of love and a huge amount of creative teamwork come together to give the couple the best start possible to their married life. A very special moment is captured in memory and photo is a dove release. Seeing them fly changes the emotion of the crowd they circle above – there's a sense of awe, wonder and freedom. Elegant and beautiful, they symbolise the occasion, and silently, with the beat of their wings, they leave a message of peace, love and hope for new beginnings… they are truly magical!
As part of the prize, we’ll supply up to five white doves for release at a wedding in Brighton or the surrounding area – two doves for the couple and up to three for bridesmaids or guests to release, perhaps representing people who cannot share the special occasion in person, but who will be present in spirit.
Heba Prieto Nogal
Professional hair and makeup
Heba Prieto Nogal is a highly experienced hair and makeup artist, specialising in weddings. Based in Brighton, she is able to make you look fabulous for your day and will offer you a trial beforehand to make sure she gets your look just right.
Florist and cake maker TBC
Now on to the most important bit: how to enter! To be in with a chance of winning this incredible prize, send a short paragraph about how you fell in love (no more than 100 words), along with a photo of yourselves to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DREAM WEDDING. Please also make sure you like/follow DIVA and Shotgun Weddings on social media. Entrants will then be shortlisted and put to a vote, with the winner revealed later in the year.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants and Entries
- Entries to the competition (also referred to as a Dream Wedding day) are made exclusively through registration on Shotgun Weddings website or via email to email@example.com.
- Entries are restricted to residents of the UK and Channel Islands.
- To enter the competition you and your partner must:
- be over the age of 18 and each be legally entitled to marry;
- not already be a married couple. The competition does not cover ‘renewal of vow’ ceremonies or celebrations.
- Shotgun weddings reserves the right to reject entries from entrants having no genuine and sustained intention to marry a specific named individual within 12 months of the date of the drawing of the winner.
- Employees of DIVA magazine, Shotgun Weddings and its partners or their families may not enter the competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to receive marketing and other communications from Shotgun Weddings and its partners
- Shotgun weddings reserve’s the right to exclude entries where all valid information has not been entered on the competition entry screens and/or entry forms.
- To be eligible to win the competition you must have also liked DIVA magazine on Facebook and followed @divamagazine on Twitter. The same applies to Shotgun Weddings, if you are entering from this source.
- The winning entry (hereafter referred to as the Winner) will be chosen no later than two weeks after the competition closing date from all valid entries received. In the case of dispute the decision from Shotgun weddings director shall be final and binding.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within a reasonable time period or if the Winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prizes or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the terms and conditions, it may result in forfeiture of the prize and Shotgun Weddings reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- The Winner agrees to the use of his or her and his or her partner’s name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and both will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Shotgun Weddings relating to any post-winning publicity including but not limited to attending all interviews and photo shoots with each supplier to discuss their respective prizes as is necessary for press coverage.
- Any entrant and/or Winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by Shotgun weddings, prize providers and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, restrictions, and itinerary. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prizes.
- If you do not agree with any of these terms & conditions you should not take part in the competition.
- Shotgun Weddings reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time without prior notice. Any amendments will be published on www.shotgunweddings.co. You are advised to regularly check the website for any changes.
- Shotgun Weddings reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition in any manner whatsoever if, at its sole discretion, it should decide the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Shotgun Weddings reserves the right ask entrants for evidence to verify the conditions in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 above and also to use whatever methods it considers appropriate to carry out such verification. The prize may be withheld until this verification is satisfactorily completed. Failure to provide satisfactory evidence may result in forfeiture of the prize without further liability to that entrant.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- The overall prize is made up of a number of prizes consisting of a variety of products and/or services provided by a range of suppliers and these products and services are specific to those suppliers rather than generic. For example, a part of the overall prize may be the provision of flowers by Sample Florist Ltd specifically, rather than the provision of flowers in general from a florist of the Winner’s choice.
- All prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions, which it is your responsibility to check.
- Any particular prize is subject to an available date being agreed between the Winner and the supplier of any prize and Shotgun Weddings accepts no responsibility or liability in the event of a date not being agreed between the Winner and any supplier.
- All products and services provided as prizes under the competition will only apply to bona fide weddings arranged and taking place within the 12 months following the drawing of the prize. Should the products and services forming the overall prize not be planned and booked within 6 months of the draw and/or the wedding to which the prizes relate not happen within 12 months of the draw, Shotgun Weddings reserves the right to withdraw all or part of the prizes and re-draw.
- Some prizes will be subject to availability and certain dates may be excluded when the Winner may not take up the prize. All elements relating to such prizes must be taken up during one period, and not on non-consecutive dates. The products and services forming the prize have been agreed in good faith by Shotgun Weddings with the suppliers of the prizes. Shotgun Weddings accepts no liability or responsibility for the provision of or failure to provide products and/or services from a supplier.
- The Winner must organise with the supplier all aspects of the provision of the prize and pay any aspects of the wedding not specifically stated as part of the prize.
- The Winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents to from the home in which they reside. This includes food, beverage, security and sound costs for the reception, which are not included at the Proud Stanmer House venue.
- Winner agrees to address any claims in respect of any prize direct with the relevant prize supplier.
- The prizes apply only to the Winner or his/her partner and are not transferrable to any third party.
- No cash alternative will be provided. However, prizes may be substituted for a suitable alternative at Shotgun Weddings and the prize provider’s discretion.
- All products and/or services forming the prize will be delivered in the UK only.
- The prize excludes any arrangements or costs for civil, religious or other ceremonies themselves and these should by arranged and paid for directly by the Winner. The Winner (and where applicable, his or her partner) may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up a prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize without further liability to that entrant.
- Any wedding date requested from the winning couple is strictly subject to availability with all relevant parties/suppliers involved in the competition and must be made between a Sunday – Thursday on any given week, within the 12 month period open to booking only.
- The winners of the competition will give their consent for unrestricted use of their actual wedding photographs (as shot by Shotgun weddings) following the wedding, to be used in any feature for advertising or editorial purposes by DIVA magazine or Shotgun Weddings only.
If you have any questions about the competition or terms and conditions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only reading DIVA online? You're missing out. For more news, reviews and commentary, check out the latest issue. It's pretty badass, if we do say so ourselves.